Born in Grodno, she remained there until the outbreak of the Second World War. In 1940 she was arrested and deported to Russia.
Two years later she joined the Polish Army in its march to the Middle East. In 1946 she moved to London where she studied under professor David Bomberg at the Borough Polytechnic in 1947-50.
She was on the Board of the National Society of Painters and Sculptors, and of the Association of International Arts. In 1980 she became Chairman of the Association of Polish Artists in Great Britain. She practices painting, graphic art, and designs stained glass windows (St. Bobola Church, London and Holy Trinity Church in Wolverhampton). Her work is in the National Museum in Warsaw, the Museum of Art in Lódz, the Archives of Emigration Artists in Torun Museum and many private collections in both Poland and the UK. She was featured in Who’s Who in Art, Who’s Who in Europe, Contemporary Polish Artists in Great Britain, and Art in Exile. From 1965 – 2007 she was a Director of the POSK Gallery in the Polish Social and Cultural Centre (POSK) in Hammersmith, London.